CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!
You wrote in. We read your entries and now you can watch the all-now episode "Crook on the Run" inspired by the winning script!
We received thousands of amazing scripts for the new episode produced by LEGO City Studio! We had a difficult time deciding which script was the best, but we finally chose the winners.
Congratulations to our Grand Prize Winner and to the winners of our first and second place prizes!
Special thanks to all the talented writers who sent their submissions in! We enjoyed reading each and every one!
Even though this story has come to an end. we encourage you to keep writing and creating your own LEGO City adventures with your imagination!
OFFICIAL LEGO CITY STUDIO PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
LEGO® City Studio
October 14th, 2016
CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Congratulations to Gabrielle and her script, titled “Crook on the Run.” We are welcoming her as the co-head writer along with the talented writer Michael Price for this extra-special episode from LEGO City Studio!
Now that we have the script, stay tuned for the all-new LEGO City Studio Fire and Police Crossover episode premiering in December!
…Can’t wait until December for more mini-movie magic? Head over to LEGO.com/citystudio and check out more mini-movies on the City Studio page!
WATCH THE EXCITING, WHIRLWIND CONCLUSION NOW!
LEGO CITY STUDIO STORYBUILDERS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
MANY WILL ENTER; ONLY A FEW WILL WIN A PRIZE
- HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: LEGO City Studio needs your help to finish the LEGO City Fire/Police Crossover show story! We leave off at the end of Episode # 2 where the crook is getting away in the fire truck with the stolen briefcase. What happens next in Episode # 3? LEGO City Studio invites enthusiasts ages 5-12 to submit their ending to the story.
See Rules #3 and #4 for entry instructions and submission guidelines. Entries will be judged in three age categories: ages 5-8; ages 9-10 and ages 11-12. One First Place winner and two Second Place winners will be determined in each of the three age categories. In addition, one overall Grand Prize winner will be determined from among all age categories.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 5-12 years of age at time of entry. You must have a LEGO ID in order to enter. If you do not have a LEGO ID, you may sign up for one at no cost, after accepting the Terms of Service, by following the LEGO ID “Resister” button at the top of the LEGO.com homepage. Parental consent required to participate in this Contest. Employees of LEGO Systems Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies (collectively "Released Parties") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:Submit your ending to the story by writing an original statement telling us what happens in the next episode (Episode # 3). Statements are limited to 5,000 characters, including spaces and all punctuation. You can watch Episodes # 1 and # 2 of the LEGO City Fire/Police Crossover show online at LEGO.com/CityStudio.
Beginning 12:00:01 AM ET on 6/16/16 through 11:59:59 PM ET on 8/15/16 ("Contest Period"), visit LEGO.com/CityStudio and follow the on-screen instructions to log in with your LEGO ID, input your statement (maximum of 5,000 characters including spaces and all punctuation) and submit your entry. OPTIONAL: You have the option of creating a LEGO model depicting your ending to the story and uploading up to 2 photos of your creation, in addition to submitting your statement. IMPORTANT: creation of model and/or submission of photos is not required and models/photos will not be judged, nor will their submission affect your chances of winning a prize.
Your statement and any optional photo(s) you submit will collectively be deemed your “Entry” or “Submission.” Submissions must be in English; common foreign words/phrases are acceptable. Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines below.
A person can use only one LEGO ID to enter. Limit one Entry per LEGO ID throughout the duration of the Contest. If more than one Entry is received per LEGO ID throughout the duration of the program only the first such Entry received will be eligible. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into. Web host’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Determination of compliance with Submission Guidelines and these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/judges, whose decisions are final.
- Submission must be your original work that has not won a previous prize or award. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as Entrant’s original creation.
- Photo Submission must be in: *.gif, *.png, *.jpg, *.jpeg format only, with a maximum file size of 5 MB. Photo must not include any identifiable features of any person(s).
- Submission must not include any personally identifiable information (e.g. last name, address, school, place of work, etc.) of entrant or any other person(s).
- The Submission must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights—including trademarks or copyrights—of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
- Submission must not refer, depict, or in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity.
- Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entrant must receive permission from his/her parent/legal guardian, prior to entry.
- Once an entry is submitted, the entry is final and may not be deleted or modified.
- By entering, entrant (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian) certifies that the Submission entrant submitted is entrant’s own original work and entrant holds all rights to the Submission, that the Submission has not won a previous prize or award and that entrant has followed and complied with the Official Rules of the Contest.
- JUDGING: MANY WILL ENTER; ONLY A FEW WILL WIN A PRIZE. All eligible entries received will be preliminarily judged to determine the top 5 entries in each of the three age categories by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. The top 15 entries will then be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives to determine the (1) Grand Prize winner, the (1) First Place winner per age category and the (2) Second Place winners per age category.
All judging will be based on the following criteria: Originality & Creativity of Statement - 50%; Appropriateness of Statement to Theme (ending of the LEGO City Fire/Police Crossover Show) - 30%; and Enthusiasm as Evidenced in Statement – 20%. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be broken based on the highest score for “Originality & Creativity of Statement.”
Potential winners will be notified via their parent’s email address that is associated with their LEGO ID and potential winner’s parent will be required to respond to such notification as outlined in Rule # 7.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: The winner’s ending to the story will be adapted and made into Episode # 3 of the LEGO City Fire/Police Crossover show. In addition, winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for winner and three guests to winner’s choice of (A) LEGOLAND® Florida Park OR (B) LEGOLAND® California Park. Winner will select trip dates from a list of available trip dates provided by Sponsor. Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home, ground transportation to/from airport and hotel, 2-nights hotel accommodations (1 room, 4 person occupancy), (4) 2-day admission tickets to the park (2 adult tickets and 2 child tickets) and a sponsor-specified one-day VIP Experience. Winner will also receive an 11 set LEGO City Assortment, a LEGO City T-shirt, a LEGO City Poster and a Grand Prize Trophy (Approximate Retail Value: $6,695.00). If the Grand Prize winner lives within a 250 mile radius of winner’s selected LEGOLAND® Park (in Sponsors’ sole discretion), winner will receive $600 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation. Winner and guests are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, additional transportation, baggage fees, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Please note hotels typically require a credit card on file for incidentals. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents/admission tickets. Actual retail value of the prize will depend on winner's point of departure/return. Winner and guests must travel on same itinerary. Three (3) First Place Prizes (one per age category): Each winner will receive a 5 set LEGO City Assortment, a LEGO City T-shirt, a LEGO City Poster and a First Place Trophy (Approximate Retail Value: $270 per prize). Six (6) Second Place Prizes (two per age category): Each winner will receive a 3 set LEGO City Assortment, a LEGO City T-shirt and a Second Place Trophy (Approximate Retail Value: $225 per prize). Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prizes. Limit one prize per person.
- GENERAL RULES: Potential Grand Prize winner (and parent/legal guardian) will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility certifying that the submission is his/her own original work and he/she holds all rights to the submission, has not won a previous prize or award and that he/she followed the Official Rules of the Contest. Additionally, potential Grand Prize winner (and parent/legal guardian) will be required to complete a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. All documents must be completed and returned within 5 days of attempted delivery of same. Potential First and Second Place winners (and parent/legal guardian) will be required to respond to the email notification and provide his/her complete name and address information within 5 days of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within any stated time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner may be determined. Verified winners will be notified by mail/email. Grand Prize winner’s traveling companions (and parent/legal guardian if traveling companion is a minor) must also complete and return a Release of Liability within 5 days of winner’s attempted notification. Grand Prize winner’s parent/legal guardian will be required to accompany winner on trip and will count as one of the winner’s guests. If a minor is selected as a traveling companion, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian who will also count as one of the winner’s guests. All travelers must possess any required travel documents (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to departure. All travelers must agree to depart and return on dates specified by the Sponsor; dates of departure and return are subject to change. Travel is subject to availability and certain blackout dates may apply. Travel must be completed by 5/25/17. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Sponsor/judges reserve the right to: (a) use contestant’s name and likeness and reproduce/distribute all Entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) adapt, alter, amend, edit or change Entries prior to distribution and (c) use, distribute, reproduce, adapt, alter, amend and copyright Entries for purposes of advertising and trade, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may post some Entries/Submissions on LEGO.com or Facebook.com/lego at their sole discretion which has no bearing on eligibility or winner determination. Entries/Submissions may be removed by Sponsor at any time for any reason. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering this contest and submitting a statement/photo, entrant (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian) automatically unconditionally and irrevocably assigns and transfers to The LEGO Group of Companies ("The LEGO Group") any and all rights, title and interest to any submitted material to which entrant (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian) has or may in the future have in and to any Submission including, without limitation, the copyright thereto. The LEGO Group may use the material for any purpose whatsoever without payment of compensation. These purposes include but are in no way limited to development, manufacturing, marketing, and sales. The "material" includes but is not limited to entrant's story idea, creation, techniques, ideas, concepts, know-how, and any descriptions or explanations sent as part of the Submission. Entrant (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian) agrees that The LEGO Group will be under no obligation of confidentiality with respect to any Submission. Entrants/winners (and parent/legal guardian) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses and/or entry submissions for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners’ list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible entries received prior to termination will be included in the judging. Entry will be deemed made by the LEGO ID account holder. Participant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the participant is the authorized account holder of the LEGO ID associated with the account/submission. Any damage made to the Web Site by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or entrant’s parent/legal guardian who is the authorized email account holder of the email address associated with the LEGO ID.
Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual/account holder if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual/account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS:To receive a list of the winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with WINNERS 7941 as the subject line. Requests must be received by 9/9/16. Winners list will be sent after all winners have been verified.
- SPONSOR: : LEGO Systems, Inc., 555 Taylor Road, Enfield, CT 06082.
- ADMINISTRATOR:D.L. Blair, Inc., 400 Post Avenue, Westbury, NY 11590.